[Ocfs2-users] PBL with RMAN and ocfs2

Alexei_Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Mon May 14 11:16:03 PDT 2007

Btw, why Oracle like nointr?  Our analyze shows that 'intr' can be used
instead in all cases andf is much safer. (at least for the NFS)

 For NFS., intr means that mount is hard (application never got IO failure
but just try IO forever - it's discussional too but we can agree with this
approach)
BUT if can be killed or interrupted. So that if IO is frozen and other
application sends shutdown signal (such as kill -9) then application will be
killed.
Without intr, if your NFS server died, you wil not be able to shutdown your
server without power reset (or reboot -n -f in some cases).