[Ocfs2-users] performance of ocfs2 on rhel4

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Wed Jun 20 09:59:46 PDT 2007

Start with the hardware, specifically the shared disk. See
if the performance of concurrent r/ws from two nodes is slower
than from any one node. You can run hdparm -t concurrently
from the two nodes. Or if you have no data on the disks, use a
destructive variation of the same.

The other thing to look into would be the network. Ensure that
you are using a private gige channel. Higher network latencies
can cause slowdowns especially if the two nodes are ping ponging
control of the same lock resource.

That's as far as I can go with the info provided. If the above
does not help, email with more details.