[Ocfs2-users] any way to ignore quorum in a two node cluster with one node down?

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Tue Jul 17 16:17:43 PDT 2007

Ahh... this is a 1.2 "feature". :)

In 1.2, the fs does messaging (votes) for mount/umount, rename,
unlink and delete. So the said operations can fail... if a node dies
during the voting process.

We have addressed this issue in mainline. Sometime in 2.6.18/19.
As in, rename, unlink and delete now use the dlm and thus should
no longer fail on a node death.