[Ocfs2-users] nested ocfs2 filesystems

Andrew D. Ball aball at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jul 9 07:33:32 PDT 2007

Should I expect any odd behavior mounting one ocfs2 filesystem within
another when the nodes with the child filesystem mounted are a subset of
the nodes with the parent filesystem mounted?

For example:

(1) on all nodes in the ocfs2 cluster:
  mount -t ocfs2 /dev/evms/ocsf2_fs1 /mnt/ocfs2_fs1
(2) on some of those nodes:
  mount -t ocfs2 /dev/evms/ocfs2_fs2 /mnt/ocfs2_fs1/mnt/ocfs2_fs2

I think I'm seeing a file from the filesystem on /dev/evms/ocfs2_fs2
on /mnt/ocfs2_fs1/some/other/dir/logfile.  The file on /mnt/ocfs2_fs1 is
supposed to be a logfile, but appears to be an image of a block device,
which should only be somewhere on the /dev/evms/ocfs2_fs2 filesystem.
The /dev/evms/ocfs2_fs2 is not mounted on the machine where I see this.

Thanks for your help!
Andrew