[Ocfs2-users] Also just a comment to the Oracle guys

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Wed Jan 31 12:53:32 PST 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 10:09:31AM +0100, martin sautter wrote:
> please can anybody explain why iSCSI  requires 3 nodes  for a stable
> cluster configuration  or which problems I  will have with a 2 node
> OCFS2 cluster against iSCSI  based storage.

	I think he's claiming you'd have two "server nodes" that mount
the ocfs2 volume, and one "iSCSI node" that actually hosts the disks and
runs the iSCSI target.
	You can certainly have a different iSCSI target.

Joel

--

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. The
 opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com