[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2_truncate_file kernel BUG in Fedora Core 5 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5smp update kernel

Mark Fasheh mark.fasheh at oracle.com
Wed Jan 31 10:48:17 PST 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 06:49:45PM +0100, davide rossetti wrote:
> yes. I'll upgrade all the nodes to FC6.... a lot of work :( or back
> port newer kernels to older FC4/5...

Actually, looking back through my logs, I think you might be fine with a
2.6.18 kernel. My FC5 box at home is currently at '2.6.18-1.2257.fc5smp',
which was an update to their shipping kernel. So a simple "yum update"
should get you going with the least amount of pain. If you hit anything else
that's been fixed between 2.6.18 and now, then we can talk about upgrading
your whole distro :)

> in the mean time I have a bunch of process stuck in D mode on a couple
> of nodes due to stale locks... is it possible to manually 'unlock'
> them without rebooting all the cluster ??

Unfortunately not :(
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh