[Ocfs2-users] expand ocfs2

Luis Freitas lfreitas34 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 14:07:44 PST 2007

Antonio,

     Last time I looked, about 6 months ago, LVM2 still wasnt cluster aware. So changing volume sizes on a cluster disk could lead to data corruption. At least a reboot of all involved nodes would be required after any LVM change, or some other procedure to force LVM to reread the volumes from disk on the remote nodes.

     With "fdisk", you can force the other nodes to re-read the partition table from disk by running fdisk and forcing a write of the partition table on each node.

  Regards,
  Luis

Antonio Trujillo Carmona <trujo at dti2.net> wrote:
  El mié, 24-01-2007 a las 16:49 +0100, Antonio Trujillo Carmona escribió:
> Hello I'm try to install a 2 node acces with a proliant and hba conect
> to a EVA.
> my doubt is. is posibol expand a ocfs2 filesystem? and, what is better,
> in order to use the multipath device, format /dev/sda or use lvm to
> create a logical volumen and format it?

OK. I found the answer to my first cuestion in the FAQ
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/dist/documentation/ocfs2_faq.html#RESIZE.
What abauot the second one?
any one can guide me to leading with multipath?
--
Antonio Trujillo Carmona

http://mail.yahoo.com