[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 cluster sync problem

Gerrit Bruchhäuser gbruchhaeuser at nero.com
Thu Jan 11 06:10:39 PST 2007

Dear All,

The two nodes forming my cluster do not see each others file-system changes.
Just as if each node would be mounting a cluster unaware file-system! My
configuration is identical on both the nodes and looks like:

,----[ # cat /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf ]
| cluster:
|         node_count = 2
|         name = ocfs2
|
| node:
|         ip_port = 7777
|         ip_address = 192.168.4.130
|         number = 1
|         name = gbgen01
|         cluster = ocfs2
|
| node:
|         ip_port = 7777
|         ip_address = 192.168.4.161
|         number = 2
|         name = gbgen02
|         cluster = ocfs2
`----

On the first node (gbgen01) the device /dev/sdd2 is formatted with:
  $> mkfs.ocfs2 -L share -N 2 /dev/sdd2

I exported the device via 'aoe' driver and could mount the device on both
nodes with the same command:
  $> mount -t ocfs2 -L share /mnt/ocfs2

But fs changes became nor visible on the other node, until I unmount and mount
the share again.

Example:

,----[ gbgen01 ocfs2 # mount | grep ocfs2 ]
| none on /dlm type ocfs2_dlmfs (rw)
| /dev/sdd2 on /mnt/ocfs2 type ocfs2 (rw,_netdev,heartbeat=local)
`----

gbgen01 ocfs2 # cd /mnt/ocfs2
gbgen01 ocfs2 # touch a
gbgen01 ocfs2 # ls -l
total 0

,----[ gbgen02 ocfs2 # mount | grep ocfs2 ]
| none on /dlm type ocfs2_dlmfs (rw)
| /dev/etherd/e0.0 on /mnt/ocfs2 type ocfs2 (rw,_netdev,heartbeat=local)
`----

gbgen02 ocfs2 # cd /mnt/ocfs2
gbgen02 ocfs2 # touch b
gbgen02 ocfs2 # ls -l
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    0 Jan 11 15:09 b
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jan 11 14:08 lost+found

On both servers, 'o2cb status' does not report anything indicating the problem
(everything active and loaded ok). I have tried the following kernel
versions, but could see the same result no matter which I used:

 vmlinuz-2.6.17-hardened-r1
 vmlinuz-2.6.18-gentoo-r6
 vmlinuz-2.6.19.1

Is there something very basical I missed during my configuration?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Best Regards,
Gerrit