[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 and LVM2

Alexei_Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Mon Feb 26 14:25:11 PST 2007

You can experiment. Sometimes you ca restart LVM.

But yes, I recommend to keep 2 different run levels, if you have not console
access (why dont use serial console or IP KVM? New servers have usually
remote access option, such as DRAC card in DELLS or RIB card in Compaques):

- rl.3 - basic system without LVM (turn it off), ocfs and your applications.
Just network, basic mounts,
ssh.
- rl.5 - lvm, ocfs and applications.

Be careful. I recommended to restart, because you never can be sure, after
restarting lvm and so on, how lvm see new volume allocation now.
That's why I recommended to reboot other nodes in all cases. Of course, you
can find a working solution without the reboot (it do exists for sure),
but again, be very careful, because if you start running OCFSv2 with 2
servers, 1 see the whole volume and other - 90% of this volume, results can
be devastating.