[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 and LVM2

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Sun Feb 25 15:13:55 PST 2007

I've been reading a number of OCFS2 posts  from the last year regarding
the use of OCFS2 over LVM2 and most of them say you cannot do this with
some saying perhaps with caution.  So my questions are:

Where does this now stand, is there a roadmap to supporting this?

Is there some LVM2 metadata management tool being developed for OCFS2
similar to lvm2-cluster for GFS?

Is it possible to use OCFS2 over LVM2 today reliably but with some
limitation?
  (what I'm thinking is that you could create identical Volume Groups on
each cluster member and then never modify them - at least not
dynamically until some new tool is released that would sync metadata and
permit modification; you could perhaps bring the cluster down and
statically modify the volume groups on each cluster member in an
identical manner and then restart the cluster).

Anything else of interest with regard to using OCFS2 over LVM2?