[Ocfs2-users] relation between ocfs2 1.2.4-2 and kernel.org GIT HEAD

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Tue Feb 20 11:14:32 PST 2007

OCFS2 has two trees. The 1.2 tree and the git tree.

All new development happens on git head. All bug fixes are typically
worked on the tree that it was detected on. Later, the bug fix is applied
to the other tree. As most of our users are using the 1.2 tree, almost all
bug fixes flow from the 1.2 tree to the git tree.

As far as the current status of the trees go, most of the patches in 1.2.4
(post 1.2.3) could not make it in time for 2.6.20. They have since been
applied to the current git head. No, we cannot apply the patches to the
2.6.20 stable tree as the maintainers have very strict rules (some of the
patches are > 100 lines with context).

As we cannot go the stable tree route, we plan on making a branch
on ocfs2.git to allow 2.6.20 users to update their trees to 1.2.4. We
will send out an email with the details once that branch is ready,

onerror=umount will require vfs changes. Mark should be able to
expand on this.