[Ocfs2-users] Am I doing something wrong?

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 17:27:32 PST 2007

Hey

So I installed a new setup today as follows

server1
17G raid /dev/sda1 using drbd v8 set as /dev/drbd0

server2
17G raid /dev/sda1 using drbd v8 set as /dev/drbd0

The drbd seems to work fine so far.

I also have

cluster1 and cluster2 nodes.

cluster1 connects to server1 using iscsi
cluster2 connects to server2 using iscsi

On cluster1 i did
mkfs.ocfs2 -N 5 -T mail -L ocfs2 /dev/sda

This seemed to go fine (ocfs2 was loaded and my ocfs2 cluster was
online on both nodes)

I was able to mount the ocfs2 drive on cluster1

On cluster2 when I try to mount I get
[root at cluster2 mnt]# mount cluster
ocfs2_hb_ctl: OCFS2 inode is not a directory while reading uuid
mount.ocfs2: Error when attempting to run /sbin/ocfs2_hb_ctl:
"Operation not permitted"

What did I miss? I am guessing its because of the drbd setup as this
same config was working for just 1 server.

Do I have to do something special? Do I make cluster1 its own cluster
and cluster2 its own cluster and let drbd handle the drive replication
or...

Im confused

=)

Brandon