[Ocfs2-users] Ocfs2 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 configure error

Mark Fasheh mark.fasheh at oracle.com
Fri Feb 2 11:10:45 PST 2007

Hi Ivo,

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 01:42:47PM -0800, Ivo Maya wrote:
> I have a problem compiling ocfs2 1.2.3 on openSuSe
> 10.2, kernel 2.6.18.2-34.
> I know the ocfs2 is included in the kernel, but the
> version is 1.3.3 and it does not allow me to mount the
> volume with datavolume option,
> Which I need for the installation of the CRS and the
> database.

Unfortunately, I don't have an openSuse box around here to check this
with.

Have you tried just the --with-kernel=... option?

Is /usr/src/linux-2.6.18.2-34 a full, built kernel tree? The build system
needs a kernel build tree (and some kernel headers) in order to work
correctly.

I'm CC'ing Joel, who is more familiar with build issues on the 1.2 tree.
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh
Senior Software Developer, Oracle