[Ocfs2-users] Journal size, optimizing?

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 19:50:25 PST 2007

Can the devs comment on how journal size might affect performance?

The default is 256 megabytes I believe? Would it be better to increase
this? Does it matter on the total partition size, ie should i have
more journal for the more disk space i have?

How about number of nodes, does this matter? Do I need more or less
journal space per node depending on how many nodes I have?

I am not real knowledgeable on what the journal does exactly, I think
I get the gist but I dont know the effects of changing the size.