[Ocfs2-users] Ocfs2 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 configure error

Ivo Maya ivo_maya at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 13:42:47 PST 2007

Hi,

I have a problem compiling ocfs2 1.2.3 on openSuSe
10.2, kernel 2.6.18.2-34.
I know the ocfs2 is included in the kernel, but the
version is 1.3.3 and it does not allow me to mount the
volume with datavolume option,
Which I need for the installation of the CRS and the
database.

Error is:
checking for directory with kernel sources... not
found
configure: error: Couldn't find kernel sources

If I use
--with-kernel-source=/usr/src/linux-2.6.18.2-34 the
error is:
checking for kernel source version... none
configure: error: Could not determine kernel source
version.

Some trace from the script:

checking for kernel source version... + cat
+ cat confdefs.h
+ cat
+ grep -E '^check_kver_RESULT='
+ . ./conftest.kver
++ check_kver_RESULT=none
+ echo 'configure:3231: result: none'
+ echo none
none
+ rm -f conftest.c conftest.kver
+ CPPFLAGS=
+ test xnone '!=' xnone
+ echo 'configure:3241: error: Could not determine
kernel source version.'
+ echo 'configure: error: Could not determine kernel
source version.'
configure: error: Could not determine kernel source
version.
+ exit 1
+ exit 1
+ exit_status=1