[Ocfs2-users] ocfs volumes corrupt?

Kendall, Kim Kim_Kendall at inter-tel.com
Wed Dec 19 15:06:58 PST 2007

I have a 4 node RAC cluster that had all 4 nodes crash. The systems
locked up.

Everytime I tried to bring up a box, it hung. So I commented out all the
ocfs2 volumes from the fstab file and the system booted fine.

I have 3 volumes that were in use at the time and 3 volumes that have
were unmounted. After booting, I see even though no volumes are mounted
(commented out of the fstab), I can see that it THINKS they are!

#mounted.ocfs2 -f

Device                FS     Nodes

/dev/sde1             ocfs2  appsdb1

/dev/sdf1             ocfs2  appsdb3

/dev/sdg1             ocfs2  appsdb3

/dev/sdh1             ocfs2  Not mounted

/dev/sdi1             ocfs2  Not mounted

/dev/sdj1             ocfs2  Not mounted

I set o2cb and ocfs2 NOT to start on boot up on all 4 nodes and
rebooted. After the reboot it looks like the volumes think they are
still in use by node 0 and 2.

#mounted.ocfs2 -f

Device                FS     Nodes

/dev/sde1             ocfs2  0

/dev/sdf1             ocfs2  2

/dev/sdg1             ocfs2  2

/dev/sdh1             ocfs2  Not mounted

/dev/sdi1             ocfs2  Not mounted

/dev/sdj1             ocfs2  Not mounted

I started o2cb and fsck.ocfs2 one of the volumes

#fsck.ocfs2 /dev/sde1

Checking OCFS2 filesystem in /dev/sde1:

  label:              st_dbf1

  uuid:               08 dd 84 44 da 6e 4e 7e 80 a0 82 2f fd 80 de c0

  number of blocks:   131070208

  bytes per block:    4096

  number of clusters: 511993

  bytes per cluster:  1048576

  max slots:          4

/dev/sde1 is clean.  It will be checked after 20 additional mounts.

Where should I be looking here?

TIA

The information contained in this E-mail may be confidential and/or proprietary to Inter-Tel and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.