[Ocfs2-users] versions, and more

Peter Hellman listuser at segfault.se
Tue Dec 18 00:23:09 PST 2007

Hi everybody.

After burning way, way too much project time trying to use another
cluster filesystem
I have a few questions I would appreciate getting answered.

I am building a mail platform that's supposed to scale up to 200k
accounts. Currently
around 100k accounts on different servers shall be migrated, yesterday.

Setup:

A SAN, ISCSI
A bunch of servers doing their best to kill it with POP, some IMAP on
Maildir, and postfix writing.
Some auxiliary servers, some on xen doing maintenance and other minor
functions.

So, my questions:

* Is ocfs suitable?

* Will locking issues be a major concern?

* Which version should I use, I will compile myself, and I need to have
a xen domU kernel working,
based on 2.6.18?

I have found the patches at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mfasheh/ocfs2/backports/2.6.18/
* Would 2.6.18 benefit from other patches, performance and stability
wise? mmap would be nice.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
//Peter Hellman