[Ocfs2-users] superblock backups, ASM vs OCFS2

Saar Maoz Saar.Maoz at oracle.com
Thu Dec 13 10:28:44 PST 2007

Jermey,

In 11.1.0.7 (and beyond) we will have a backup of the disk header (the
first 4k).  Prior to that, we have been able in most circumstances to
reconstruct the disk header using KFED.  KFED will still be the tool to
restore the disk header going forward, it will just be a simpler, more
reliable procedure.

Regards,

Saar.

--
  ((  /\\  /\\ ||)  |\V/| /\\ /\\ >/ Consulting Software Engineer