[Ocfs2-users] Slow concurrent actions on the same LVM logical volume

Arnold Maderthaner arnold.maderthaner at j4care.com
Thu Aug 23 04:12:07 PDT 2007

Hi !

I watched the servers today and noticed that the server load is very high
but not much is working on the server:
server1:
 16:37:11 up 32 min,  1 user,  load average: 6.45, 7.90, 7.45
server2:
 16:37:19 up 32 min,  4 users,  load average: 9.79, 9.76, 8.26
i also tried to do some selects on the oracle database today.
to do a "select count(*) from xyz" where xyz has 120 000 rows it took me
about 10 sec.
always the process who does the filesystem access is the first one.
and every command (ls,du,vgdisplay,lvdisplay,dd,cp,....) which needs access
to a ocfs2 filesystem seams like blocking or it seams to me that there is a
lock.
Can anyone please help me ?

yours

Arnold