[Ocfs2-users] cluvfy fails in pre crs install

Andrew Phillips andrew.phillips at betfair.com
Tue Aug 21 07:26:54 PDT 2007

Hello,

  One possibility to help you diagnose this would be to use the "strace"
utility, and
redirect the output to a log.

  strace ./runcluvfy.sh stage -pre crsinst -n hackman,hoffman
-c /ocfs2/crs/ocr1 -q /ocfs2/crs/vdisk1 -verbose >/tmp/log 2>&1

  Then grep /tmp/log for ocfs2

  That at least would show you if its doing something dumb like looking
for

  /dev/ocfs2/crs/ocr1

  Or alternatively if its doing an access("/ocfs2/crs/vdisk1",F_OK) and
getting permission
denied for some reason, it will show in there as an error.

  Andy

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 10:06 -0400, Harry Ronis wrote:

> Am at a LOSS
> Shared storage seems ok -- yet cluvfy for ANY shared storage commands
> FAIL ala
> racle at hackman /apps/oracle/stage/clusterware/cluvfy
> $ ./runcluvfy.sh comp ssa  -n hackman,hoffman -verbose
>
> Verifying shared storage accessibility
>
> Checking shared storage accessibility...
>

> Shared storage check failed on nodes "hoffman,hackman".
>
> Verification of shared storage accessibility was unsuccessful on all
> the nodes.
> oracle at hackman /apps/oracle/stage/clusterware/cluvfy

Andy Phillips
Systems Architecture Manager, Betfair.com

Office: 0208 8348436

Betfair Ltd|Winslow Road|Hammersmith Embankment|London|W69HP Company No.
5140986
The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is
intended only for the named recipient(s). The e-mail may not be
disclosed or used by any person other than the addressee, nor may it be
copied in any way. If you are not a named recipient please notify the
sender immediately and delete any copies of this message. Any
e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any view or opinions presented are solely
company.