[Ocfs2-users] 6 node cluster with unexplained reboots

Mark Fasheh mark.fasheh at oracle.com
Wed Aug 15 18:03:55 PDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 05:52:49PM -0700, Alexei_Roudnev wrote:
> ANY SCSI controller can quitly delay IO for 10 - 20 seconds, without errors
> and explanationbs. 10 seconds threshold in OCFSv2 will never work properly.

That has nothing to do with what I'm asking him.

Ulf was described his controller thusly:

	"does write into cache on its two controllers, then acknowledges a
	 write and then writes it actually to disk."

I'm keying in on the part where it acknowledges a write (presumably to the
host os) and _then_ pushes that write out to the disk. In general, that's
the wrong order ;)

Anyway, getting back to the task of trying to fix someone's problem, I admit
that I don't really know whether it's possible for a controller to do
writeback caching, I'm just trying to clarify what's going on, that's all.
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh
Senior Software Developer, Oracle