[Ocfs2-users] 6 node cluster with unexplained reboots

Alexei_Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Wed Aug 15 17:57:05 PDT 2007

Mark, you are wrong. You CAN (and even SHOULD) use controller in write-back
mode with the cluster -
any such controller have a power-independent memory and syncronize cache
between cluster nodes (if SAN itself is a cluster).
Running SAN systems in Write-thru mode degrade performance dramatically
(sometimes 2 - 10 times) and can be recommended
only for super-mission-critical tasks (because such systems have a danger of
losing inromation, if they lost power for more then a few days so that
batteries can't hold cache long enough - typical time is 72 hours).

Cash works AFTER all Linux nodes connects to the controller, so it is
transparent for the controller (but it can create a jitter in writing time,
true).