[Ocfs2-users] 6 node cluster with unexplained reboots

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at atc-onlane.com
Mon Aug 13 08:46:51 PDT 2007

One node of our 4-node cluster rebooted last night:

(11,1):o2hb_write_timeout:269 ERROR: Heartbeat write timeout to device
dm-1 after 12000 milliseconds
Heartbeat thread (11) printing last 24 blocking operations (cur = 22):
Heartbeat thread stuck at waiting for write completion, stuffing current
time in
to that blocker (index 22)
Index 23: took 0 ms to do checking slots
Index 0: took 1 ms to do waiting for write completion
Index 1: took 1997 ms to do msleep
Index 2: took 0 ms to do allocating bios for read
Index 3: took 0 ms to do bio alloc read
Index 4: took 0 ms to do bio add page read
Index 5: took 0 ms to do submit_bio for read
Index 6: took 8 ms to do waiting for read completion
Index 7: took 0 ms to do bio alloc write
Index 8: took 0 ms to do bio add page write
Index 9: took 0 ms to do submit_bio for write
Index 10: took 0 ms to do checking slots
Index 11: took 0 ms to do waiting for write completion
Index 12: took 1992 ms to do msleep
Index 13: took 0 ms to do allocating bios for read
Index 14: took 0 ms to do bio alloc read
Index 15: took 0 ms to do bio add page read
Index 16: took 0 ms to do submit_bio for read
Index 17: took 7 ms to do waiting for read completion
Index 18: took 0 ms to do bio alloc write
Index 19: took 0 ms to do bio add page write
Index 20: took 0 ms to do submit_bio for write
Index 21: took 0 ms to do checking slots
Index 22: took 10003 ms to do waiting for write completion
*** ocfs2 is very sorry to be fencing this system by restarting ***

There were no SCSI errors on the console or logs around the time of this
reboot.