[Ocfs2-users] Some questions about ocfs2

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Wed Apr 25 13:56:14 PDT 2007

If your average stats are > 500usecs on ocfs2, I am assuming that
is all cold cache. In our tests, the cold cache stat times are
close to that but are the same as ext3 once the inodes are cached.

You could look into reducing the block size to 1K. (Well, it will
require a mkfs - so better you test out the times in your case before
deciding whether to take the plunge or not.)

Things affecting cold cache times are:
1. ocfs2 1.2 does a double inode read during the first read.
Addressed in mainline.
2. dlm lock mastery is expensive (pure overhead compared to local fs).