[Ocfs2-users] Some questions about ocfs2

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at atc-onlane.com
Tue Apr 24 22:29:31 PDT 2007

Is there a way to see how a file system was formatted, i.e. the block
size and cluster size? I currently have a 2TB file system, of which
about 840GB are in use by around 9 million image files. Average size of
these images is 60-100KB. Currently our production servers still have
separate file systems on ext3 and we are doing nightly rsync from there
to this ocfs2 volume. This currently takes ~6 hours, which seems a tad
slow. The system spends most time during writing files which have
changed on the production servers, with high I/O wait.

The SAN this ocfs2 volume is on is pretty much idle, I only see up to
about 20MB/sec traffic and the two nodes which have this volume mounted
have a private GigE interconnect setup for cluster.conf.

Any tips on how to debug where this slowness comes from? Or even
suggestion to use another cluster file system for a scenario like this.

Regards, Ulf.