[Ocfs2-users] O2CB in ocfs2tools 1.2.4

Randy Ramsdell rramsdell at livedatagroup.com
Fri Apr 13 08:49:20 PDT 2007

Hi,

I might be overlooking the obvious, but I have yet to find
"/etc/init.d/o2cb" however, I read that configuration uses this init script.

Where is it?

From: ocfs2-tools-1.2.4/README.O2CB

[Starting the OCFS2 Clustering Services]

O2CB is comprised of a simple node manager, heartbeat, TCP protocol, and
DLM.  The basic steps in startup are as follows:

1) Load the nodemanager, heartbeat, and tcp modules
2) Mount the nodemanager and heartbeat pseudo filesystems.
3) Load the cluster information via o2cb_ctl.  This adds all the
   known nodes to the nodemanager's psuedo filesystem.
4) Load the DLM module.
5) Load the OCFS2 module.
6) Mount an OCFS2 filesystem.

The /etc/init.d/o2cb program is responsible for handling steps 1-3
during the boot of a machine.  If you are running from the source
tree, the script is located at vendor/common/o2cb.init.  Also, the
o2cb_ctl program needs to be in your path.  It lives at
o2cb_ctl/o2cb_ctl in the source tree.

To enable steps 1 and 2 on boot:

    # /etc/init.d/o2cb enable
    Writing O2CB configuration: OK