[Ocfs2-users] Catatonic nodes under SLES10

Alexei_Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Tue Apr 10 10:36:18 PDT 2007

If I know, that FS was not active for the last (for example) 30 seconds, and
all buffers are written back more than 30 secoinds ago, I DO KNOW that there
is not any IO in the pipelines.

At least it can be configurable. 30 seconds - ok, may be default is 2
minutes - some timeout is more then enough. Each scsi system have it's own
time, after which you can say for sure that iut have not any IO in the
pipeline. On the other hand, system reboot dont prevent ALL possible IO
pending as well.