[Ocfs2-users] Catatonic nodes under SLES10

Alexei_Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Tue Apr 10 10:33:30 PDT 2007

There is not any reason to fence to prevent futrure activity if system have
not any current activity,
except if system have embedded failure (run out of resources etc).

What happen when you fence:
- system reboot
- o2cb starts
- ocfsv2 is maintained from the scratch.

So, no one prevents suspoending any FS activity and reinstate cluster
without reboot - results will be exactly the same in 99% cases.
(Of course, it should be configurable - sometimes we want to reboot in such
cases).

Moreover, if ALL Nodes lost disk conenction, it dont make any sense to fence
anynode until at least 1 node got connectiuon to the disk back.