[Ocfs2-users] Catatonic nodes under SLES10

Luis Freitas lfreitas34 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 16:54:26 PDT 2007

Sunil,

       First I want to make clear that I do think that Oracle Cluster File System provides a great value for Oracle Linux customers and I do know that one has to pay top dollar for equivalent functionality on other platforms, for example Veritas Storage Foundation, and others offered by IBM and HP.

      But, the Linux platform is the only one where there are two independent clusterwares running (O2CB and CRS). On all the other platforms, as far as I know, when there is a second clusterware on the machine, CRS acts as a client to it. Use of a uncertified clusterware stack independently and concurrently with CRS is not even allowed on other platforms.

       This is kind of funny because both o2cb and crs are Oracle products.

Regards,
  Luis Freitas

Sunil Mushran <Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com> wrote:
  Fencing is not a fs operation but a cluster operation. The fs is only a
client
of the cluster stack.