[Ocfs2-users] informal headcount

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Fri Sep 29 12:11:06 PDT 2006

All,

I just wanted to take a informal head count of where people are with OCFS2.
As we don't require any sort of user accounts for people downloading the
packages/source, we tend to miss out on the numbers.

This information will mainly be used by us to prioritize features in the
future
releases. If you are uncomfortable posting this information to a mailing
list,
you can email me privately.

Thank you
Sunil Mushran

1. In how many Clusters are you using OCFS2?

2. How many Nodes (approx) do the Clusters have?

3. How many OCFS2 volumes (approx) are mounted per node?

4. What are the sizes (approx) of the volumes?

5. How many files (approx) are on the volumes?

6. How are you using the files on the volumes?  (databases, nfs, custom
apps, etc.)

7. If database, which one?

8. Is this used for Production/Testing/Other?

9. If Production, what are the uptime requirements?

10. Which distribution are you using it with?

11. Do you use the OCFS2 packages shipped with the distribution or
build/download one from oss.oracle.com? Or do you use a mainline kernel?

12. Comments?