[Ocfs2-users] How do I remove old devices

Philippe Andries PA at CAPITALATWORK.BE
Fri Sep 29 01:27:46 PDT 2006

Thanks for this info Sunil,

But I run on Redhat AS 4 and bvi is not available immediately.
I tried to use the source, but the one available on
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bvi/bvi-1.3.2.src.tar.gz seem to have a
problem:
When I run the gunzip command as told on the installation page of the web
site:

[root at erasme ~]# gunzip -c bvi-1.3.2.src.tar.gz | tar xvf
gunzip: bvi-1.3.2.src.tar.gz: not in gzip format
tar: Old option `f' requires an argument.
Try `tar --help' for more information.
[root at erasme ~]#
[root at erasme ~]# gunzip -c bvi-1.3.2.src.tar.gz
gunzip: bvi-1.3.2.src.tar.gz: not in gzip format

So I am stuck.  :-(

Any other idea welcomed.  An other binary editor (could not find any on
redhat)? An other solution?

Thanks in advance,

Philippe Andries