[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 mounted: now what?

Fabio Corazza fabio at newbay.com
Fri Sep 22 08:23:09 PDT 2006

Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> Ok, I guess I need some sort of SAN which ocfs2 doesn't provide. I was
> confused by the competition's GNBD feature (from gfs).

You need the same block device exported to both the nodes where the
OCFS2 cluster is running. What you have now is probably different
filesystems on different nodes, which doesn't make sense for what OCFS2
have been developed for.

If you cannot share the same block device (e.g., you don't have the same
device attached to both the nodes) give a look to DRDB.

Regards,

--
Fabio Corazza - Engineering
NewBay Software, Ltd.