[Ocfs2-users] nbd RAID and ocfs2

Carsten Hensiek ch at mindwerk.de
Tue Sep 12 04:20:29 PDT 2006

Sunil Mushran wrote:
> As far as ocfs2 is concerned, you can use debugfs.ocfs2 to
> check whether you are seeing the same "physical device" on
> the two nodes.
>
> # echo "stats" | debugfs.ocfs2 -n /dev/sdX
> Compare the UUIDs.
>
> # echo "ls -l /path" | debugfs.ocfs2 -n /dev/sdX
> List some dir.

Hi,

thanks for you help Sunil. The output of your commands is exactly the
same on all nodes. Nex Problem:

To simulate crash of node2 I pulled node2´s ethernet cable and set the
exported device as faulty (mdadm -f /dev/md0 /dev/nbd2). After the
O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD time all nodes hung and crashed with a
heartbeat write timeout and "link to 1 down".

Thanks
Carsten