[Ocfs2-users] nbd RAID and ocfs2

Carsten Hensiek ch at mindwerk.de
Mon Sep 11 10:08:54 PDT 2006

Hi there,

does anybody have some experience with building a RAID over network? I'd like to build the following:

I have five systems running Debian GNU/Linux - each with a 50GB data partition. Now I'd like to build a RAID5 or RAID6 out of those five partitions (the systems are attached at a gigabit ethernet) and mount them on the servers (using ocfs2).

I tried to export the partitions with nbd and built the RAID with mdadm but the mounted RAID doesn't seem to be consistent (a file on the ocfs2 partition on node1 does not exsist on the ocfs2 partition on node2). Is this a problem with nbd, mdadm or ocfs2?

Thanks in advance
Carsten Hensiek