[Ocfs2-users] Ocfs2 and low memory

John Peeken, Enterprise Linux Support john.peeken at oracle.com
Tue Oct 31 08:16:04 PST 2006

Rafal,
See if you have vm.lower_zone_protection set?
# cat /proc/sys/vm/lower_zone_protection
If not set, then set to 100 and viola all your low mem issues should vanish.
You can use top -p <pid> , for the pid for ocfs2 and see how it is using
memory

But, with RHEL4 to eliminate any source of an OOM - set
vm.lower_zone_protection=100 in /etc/sysctl.conf

Regards,
John Peeken