[Ocfs2-users] Getting Started with ocfs2

Martin Evans martin.evans at easysoft.com
Wed Oct 11 09:51:13 PDT 2006

John Peeken, Linux OS Support wrote:
> Martin,
> http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/documentation/
> See the OCFS2 FAQ and the users guide.
> Follow the steps on OC2B Cluster Service Loading
> regards,
> John Peeken
> Linux OS Support

John,

Thanks for that, I had missed the part about running

/etc/init.d/o2cb configure

However, I don't have a cluster.conf and the docs seems to suggest you run ocfs2console to create it:

If you have installed the console, use it to create this configuration
file. For details, refer to the user's guide. If you do not have the
console installed, check the Appendix in the User's guide for a sample
cluster.conf and the details of all the components. Do not forget to
copy this file to all the nodes in the cluster. If you ever edit this
file on any node, ensure the other nodes are updated as well.

and in the user guide it says:

Start ocfs2console and click on menu item Cluster followed by Configure
Nodes. If the cluster is
offline, the console will start it and display a message to that effect.
If cluster.conf is not present,
the console will create one with a default cluster name ocfs2.

but every time I run the ocfs2console -N or click on configure nodes I
get the error stated in my last email.

How do you create the cluster.conf with the console?

Martin