[Ocfs2-users] lvm2 not cluster aware - okay, so how should I stripe my LUNs?

Humpherys Philip D Contr 532 CMMXS/CL Phil.Humpherys at HILL.af.mil
Wed Oct 4 14:41:47 PDT 2006

Hi, I'm testing ocfs2 in a 2-node ocfs2 cluster.  I have 12 SAN LUNs that
I'd like to stripe and mount up as an ocfs2 filesystem.  I've been told that
because LVM2 is not cluster aware, that it can't be used.  I'm trying to
make mdadm work.  (using EMC powerpath for multipath).  I can create an md
raid0 device on one node using the /dev/emcpowerxx pseudo-devices, and on
the other node the md device is there, but it has scanned for the devices,
and it shows the /dev/sd* devices, not the pseudo-devices that really need
to be used for multi-path.

Does anyone know how to make the other node only use the pseudo-devices for
multi-path.  And what is recommended for RAID in ocfs2?

Thanks.

-phil