[Ocfs2-users] re: how should ocfs2 react to nic hardware issue

Alexei_Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Thu Nov 30 14:25:40 PST 2006

One of possible ideas (which I am thinking to implement is):

- use Loopback interface for the service access and for the o2cb
- use OSPF protocol (ospfd) to route it inside the network (so it will be
avaliable thru any of eth0 or eth1). OSPF have a very low convergence time,
so it wil change routing quickly if interface failed.
- because it is IP leyer routing and not switch layer bonding, it is very
reliable method.

But I never had a time to try it.