[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 with on sles 10

John Little jslittl at hendricks.org
Sat Nov 25 09:43:04 PST 2006

Hi all

I am attempting to setup a standalone node for testing connected to an
EMC CX600 san with the LUNs formatted with ocfs2.  In the multipath
documentation it says to format the disks
using /dev/mapper/<device-uuid-part1>.  The ocfs2console shows the dm-x
and the sdxx paths.  While both seem to work ok whenever I test it by
mounting and copying a directory with approximatley 4Gb of files to it
the lun seems to lock up.  The only way I've been able to reset it is to
reboot.

I am using sles 10.  The imported luns are 50Gb in size and the
partitions are 10Gb. This does not happen if the partitions are
formatted with ext3.  I set the kernel boot parameter to
elevator=deadline as as suggested in the faq but this didn't help.

Which is the correct way to format ocfs2 when using multipath?

Any ideas on why the file system is locking up on a file transfer?

Thanks,

--
John Little <jslittl at hendricks.org>
Hendricks Regional Health