[Ocfs2-users] Heartbeat ID and cloning systems

Alexei_Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Mon Nov 20 10:47:30 PST 2006

What is device uuid (as I know, it is global for the cluster)? Problem is
that heartbeat id's must be different on different servers, but they are the
same after system have been cloned (disk was copied and then changed - IP,
host name, and so on).

As a result, when I open configfs, I see only 1 record for the heartbeat
there, and tests indicate that both hosts uses the same id (even having
correct configuration with tifferent node numbers in it)..

I cloned hosts, not the file system (I know about FS cloning problem and
about device uuid). So, it's another problem.