[Ocfs2-users] Unable to load module "configfs"

CA Lists lists at creativeanvil.com
Sat Nov 18 13:18:44 PST 2006

I've seen others with a similar problem, but have yet to find a solution.
I'm using CentOS 4.4, installed the ocfs2 package to match my kernel.
Installed ocfs2tools. I can open the ocfs2console just fine, but when trying
to add a node, it tells me the cluster stack could not be loaded. When I do
/etc/init.d/o2cb configure, I get:

Cluster to start on boot (Enter "none" to clear) [outreachData]:
Specify heartbeat dead threshold (>=7) [10]:
Writing O2CB configuration: OK
Failed

If I do "locate configfs", I get:
/lib/modules/2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp/kernel/fs/configfs
/lib/modules/2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp/kernel/fs/configfs/configfs.ko

I tried disabling SELinux, as that seems to break many things until you get
the policy right. Same problem though. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rob