[Ocfs2-users] Soft and Hard Readonly?

Alexei Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Mon Nov 13 20:42:57 PST 2006

If disk is readonly, then you dont need custer file system at all - create
ext3 or reiserfs FS and use it.

Idea, as I can see, is in allowing one node to update and other to read
only, but keep overall stability as in non-clustered FS (clustered FS in
unstable beast by definition, because of many possible split-brain
scenarios, fencings and so on).

Allowing other nodes to run heartbeat means, again, the same
quorum/fencing/timeouts problems which we have on all cluster file systems,
and which are extremely serious on OCFS2.