[Ocfs2-users] A very basic( theory) question

Randy Ramsdell rramsdell at livedatagroup.com
Wed May 17 14:07:02 CDT 2006

Hi,

New to this list and BTW great product!

Our setup is:

iSCSI NAS ----> Switch ----> node1     (has a mounted ocfs2 file system)
                                   |-------> node2    (This is the host
that would share the file system)
                                   |-------> node . .
                                   |-------> nodeN

Node1 has propagated the config and has mounted the ocfs2 file system

df -h :

/dev/sda2              37G  3.3G   34G   9% /
udev                  248M  148K  247M   1% /dev
/dev/sdb1              16G  413M   16G   3% /ocfs2

Now how do I let the other nodes know that a filesytem is avaliable? Or
do I simply use NFS or iSCSI ?

Looks like I might be missing something fundemental here since I thought
the other nodes would become aware of the clusterFS when they loaded the
kernal modules, etc...

Any help here would be appreciated.

rcr