[Ocfs2-users] understanding self fencing with ocfs2

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Tue May 2 14:43:13 CDT 2006

In a 2 node setup, if node 0 or 1 crashes, the other node should survive.
The one issue encountered by many users was while shutting down node 0,
node 1 would fence it self. The latter was because of the sequencing of
service shutdowns. We added ocfs2-init script to handle shutdown
sequencing.

However, 1.0.2 is fairly old. We've made numerous fixes. Ideally one
should be on SP3. Infact, look for SuSE to make a new drop in the coming
weeks which will include the "certified" ocfs2 bits.