[Ocfs2-users] Oracle control file on OCFS2 without datavolume, nointr

Silviu Marin-Caea silviu_marin-caea at fieldinsights.ro
Fri Mar 24 07:05:02 CST 2006

We had someone from Oracle support move one of the database control files on
an OCFS2 volume that's not mounted with datavolume,nointr (he moved it
to /opt/oracle).  At that time I didn't realize the problem.

We'll move the control file to a volume that's mounted with datavolume,nointr
options.

The question is: how bad is it?

We are experiencing some serious problems, precisely, the OCFS2 volumes aren't
accessible all of a sudden (after 3-4 days of functioning perfectly).
"ls /opt/oracle" would not do anything, just sit.

A lot of ragcmain processes are accumulating and the load is increasing.

If we shutdown node2, it all goes back to normal on node1.

OCFS2 1.1.8 from SLES9 kernel 2.6.5-7.252  (I have just written to SUSE
support for a kernel with OCFS2 1.2).

We're not sure if the control file and these non-access problems are related.