[Ocfs2-users] Reinstalling ocfs2 and qlogic drivers after kernel upgrade on RHEL4

dneiman@aol.com dneiman at aol.com
Wed Mar 22 23:15:36 CST 2006

Hello--

I'm running Redhat Linux RHEL4, recently installed ocfs2 and qlogic
drivers in the 2.6.9-22.0.2 kernel.
After that, I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.9-34, and found that ocfs2 and
the qlogic drivers didn't upgrade into the new kernel. I had to install
-u and install -a the qlogic drivers to get them back into the new
kernel, but deinstalling/reinstalling ocfs2 didn't do the same trick
for ocfs2.  I received the can't start configfs error (or something
close).

Is there a standard way for incorporating these packages into new
kernels?  What do I need to do to get ocfs2 working in the new kernel?

Thanks!