[Ocfs2-users] RHEL4 x86_64 OCFS2 10gR2 performance

Jizhong_Wang@whirlpool.com Jizhong_Wang at whirlpool.com
Wed Mar 22 09:20:47 CST 2006

I had a similar situation with similar hardware settings (IBM eSeries,
SHARK, Gigabit NICs for interconnect). What I found out was I picked both
public and private NICs in VIP configuration (GUI) and most inter-instance
chattings were using the public interfaces. After having corrected the
problem (I re-installed RAC), I got much-better-performaning systems

Jizhong Wang

Kevin Hulse <kevin.hulse at placemark.com>
Sent by: ocfs2-users-bounces at oss.oracle.com
03/22/2006 09:34 AM

Marcio Costa <marciopc at interativainternet.com.br>
cc
"ocfs2-users at oss.oracle.com" <ocfs2-users at oss.oracle.com>,
josue at interativainternet.com.br
Subject
Re: [Ocfs2-users] RHEL4 x86_64 OCFS2 10gR2 performance

Marcio Costa wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have 2 IBM x346 eServers, both of them with 2 Qlogic HBAs (qla2340).
They
>are connected rendundantly to a IBM DS4300 (fiber storage). I have Oracle

>10gR2 RAC installed. RHEL4 U2 x86_64. My problem is the following:
>
>Each server works very well, if alone,ie, if the other one has not
mounted
>the ocfs2 partition. But when both of them are working, the performance
goes
>to hell.
>For example: there is a job that, when it runs on one server alone, takes
4
>seconds, but when I put both servers on line, it takes 3 minutes.

For starters, I would suggest poking into the system with
the em dbconsole. Run ADDM for the time period in question
and see what it complains about. That should at least give
you some idea where the problem is.