[Ocfs2-users] Redundancy capability of OCFS1 and OCFS2.

Silviu Marin-Caea silviu_marin-caea at fieldinsights.ro
Thu Mar 16 03:32:27 CST 2006

On Thursday 16 March 2006 11:06, Nguyen Quang Huy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I did not see redundancy capability of OCFS (version 1 and 2) like mirror,
> stripping, RAID.  If customer use SAN as shared storage for RAC and want to
> use OCFS, how to make oracle files e.g. data files redundant.

RAID capabilities are not the job of the filesystem (any filesystem).

Any SAN has hardware RAID, look into the firmware.

There is also linux software RAID, that could be used with cheap hardware and
iSCSI to make a test environment.  Then again, if it's a test environment you
don't quite need RAID.

But for anything serious to keep your Oracle datafiles, you have hardware RAID
in the storage firmware.

The filesystem comes on top of that.