[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 Certification with RHEL4 and 10g/9i RAC

Antonio Luis Pereya Miranda apermir at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 02:17:12 CST 2006

-----Opinion, not facts-------
it must be part of Oracle strategy to force people to use ASM.
With ASM the DBA is going to be also the Volume Manager administrator .

Raw device has limitations , you can not resize a raw device ,
you have one raw device per datafile and you can only have 255 raw devices,
so you can only have 255 datafiles.

-----Opinion, not facts-------

Please correct me if anyone have other information....

On 3/6/06, Guy Viney <Guy.Viney at numatic.co.uk> wrote:

> I have just read the post by Pradeep and would also like to know when we can
> expect certification of these products. I don't want to go down the RAW
> device route but may be forced to if there is nothing forthcoming soon.
>
> Cheers

> Numatic International Limited
>
> Chard, Somerset, TA20 2GB, United Kingdom
>
> Registered Number: 773331, England
>

> NOTICE: This e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential. If you have
> received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
> disclose the information in any way, and notify the sender immediately. The
> contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views
> of Numatic International Ltd, unless specifically stated
>

> This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the
> presence of computer viruses.

Un Saludo