[Ocfs2-users] RHEL 4 U2 / OCFS 1.2.1 weekly crash?

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Fri Jun 9 14:30:05 CDT 2006

Understood, but how do I determine why once a week I'm failing the 12
second heartbeat?  Before I bump the HB, shouldn't I figure out why dm-6
is gone for 12 seconds?  The last 24 ops are as follows:

(7,1):o2hb_write_timeout:269 ERROR: Heartbeat write timeout to device
dm-6 after 12000 milliseconds
Heartbeat thread (7) printing last 24 blocking operations (cur = 3):
Heartbeat thread stuck at waiting for read completion, stuffing current
time into that blocker (index 3)
Index 4: took 0 ms to do submit_bio for read
Index 5: took 0 ms to do waiting for read completion
Index 6: took 0 ms to do bio alloc write
Index 7: took 0 ms to do bio add page write
Index 8: took 0 ms to do submit_bio for write
Index 9: took 0 ms to do checking slots
Index 10: took 0 ms to do waiting for write completion
Index 11: took 1998 ms to do msleep
Index 12: took 0 ms to do allocating bios for read
Index 13: took 0 ms to do bio alloc read
Index 14: took 0 ms to do bio add page read
Index 15: took 0 ms to do submit_bio for read
Index 16: took 0 ms to do waiting for read completion
Index 17: took 0 ms to do bio alloc write
Index 18: took 0 ms to do bio add page write
Index 19: took 0 ms to do submit_bio for write
Index 20: took 0 ms to do checking slots
Index 21: took 0 ms to do waiting for write completion
Index 22: took 1999 ms to do msleep
Index 23: took 0 ms to do allocating bios for read
Index 0: took 0 ms to do bio alloc read
Index 1: took 0 ms to do bio add page read
Index 2: took 0 ms to do submit_bio for read
Index 3: took 9998 ms to do waiting for read completion
(7,1):o2hb_stop_all_regions:1888 ERROR: stopping heartbeat on all active
regions.
Kernel panic - not syncing: ocfs2 is very sorry to be fencing this
system by panicing

/Brian/

--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       IT Data Center Systems          |       .|||.       .|||.